Been a busy month...
With the holidays on us, things are just crazy. I went to visit my family and came by really sick for a week. Not fun times.
A couple of quick wine updates.
I was recently introduced to Rick Davis of Calstar Cellars. Rick makes a few hundred cases a year of Zinfandel and Pinot Noir. All are excellent values. The 2005 Sonoma Coast Pinot has wonder cranberry and tea profile. Nice balance and acidity. One of the best sub $30 Pinot Noirs I have tasted, I split a case with a friend which brought it down to $23 a bottle. Highly recommended. Contact Calstar directly for more details.
I went up to Siduri for their holiday open house with a friend. They had a 70's theme going on, which was fun. Siduri is an amazing operation run from a warehouse in Santa Rosa and in fact the San Francisco Chronicle said Siduri was a winery to watch. This proves that you don't need to have a fancy winery to be successful.
There were over 30 Suduri and Novy wines poured. The highlights for me were the 2004 Novy Rosella's Chadonnay, the 2005 Siduri Sonatera Pinot, the 2005 Siduri Keefer Pinot, the 2005 Siduri Terra de Promissio Pinot, 2005 Siduri Rosella's Pinot, and the 2005 Siduri Clos Pepe Pinot. All excellent wines worth keeping an eye out for at your local retailer or by calling Siduri.
A couple of quick wine updates.
I was recently introduced to Rick Davis of Calstar Cellars. Rick makes a few hundred cases a year of Zinfandel and Pinot Noir. All are excellent values. The 2005 Sonoma Coast Pinot has wonder cranberry and tea profile. Nice balance and acidity. One of the best sub $30 Pinot Noirs I have tasted, I split a case with a friend which brought it down to $23 a bottle. Highly recommended. Contact Calstar directly for more details.
I went up to Siduri for their holiday open house with a friend. They had a 70's theme going on, which was fun. Siduri is an amazing operation run from a warehouse in Santa Rosa and in fact the San Francisco Chronicle said Siduri was a winery to watch. This proves that you don't need to have a fancy winery to be successful.
There were over 30 Suduri and Novy wines poured. The highlights for me were the 2004 Novy Rosella's Chadonnay, the 2005 Siduri Sonatera Pinot, the 2005 Siduri Keefer Pinot, the 2005 Siduri Terra de Promissio Pinot, 2005 Siduri Rosella's Pinot, and the 2005 Siduri Clos Pepe Pinot. All excellent wines worth keeping an eye out for at your local retailer or by calling Siduri.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home