Sunday, July 23, 2006

First party in the new house

We have been in our new house since the end of December, but we hadn't had a party yet. Carrie decided she wanted to throw herself a impromtu birthday party last minute (I guess I am finally rubbing off on her! :)), which got us into gear and we had 20 people over last night.

Carrie made an amazing assortment of food: spicy cole slaw, roasted peppers, fresh hummus, feta dip, canna - canna - canna, a mint cantaloupe salad, and cookie ice cream sandwiches made with her awesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

The new grill held up quite well. Thanks to Eric for taking over and making sure everyone got what they wanted.

So many friends brought over beautiful flowers that I feel we are living in a nice flower shop today.

Erik brought over a 2005 County Line Rose, made by Eric Sussman of Radio-Coteau. This was not bleed off, but the fruit (Pinot Noir) was solely intended to make this very good rose. I can't recommend Radio-Coteau wines enough. Thanks Erik.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home