Urban Winemaking
Been a busy two weeks getting ready for a big work trip last week, so I haven't had much time recently to try much wine or anything else.
There was a good article on East Bay urban wineries in the San Francisco Chronicle. There are 13 members of the East Bay Vintner's Alliance. Many of the wineries in this group are full time winemakers, which is great to see small winemakers make it. I am very familiar with a number of the wineries in the area and I am quite happy that they are successful.
For another friend of mine, making wine is a passion, but it doesn't pay the bills quite yet. He keeps his day job in technology, but makes wine whenever possible. Eric will launch his winery, Ladd Cellars, later this year with the release of two 2005 Pinot Noirs. I was fortunate to be able to help him as his made these first wines in Berkeley last year and it was a great experience.
I was able to squeeze in some time last weekend to help Eric press the 2006 Ladd Cellars Gaps Crown Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir. While we were there, he tasted us on the 2005 Gaps Crown Pinot that should be bottled later this year and it was great. It will be worth seeking out early next year.
There was a good article on East Bay urban wineries in the San Francisco Chronicle. There are 13 members of the East Bay Vintner's Alliance. Many of the wineries in this group are full time winemakers, which is great to see small winemakers make it. I am very familiar with a number of the wineries in the area and I am quite happy that they are successful.
For another friend of mine, making wine is a passion, but it doesn't pay the bills quite yet. He keeps his day job in technology, but makes wine whenever possible. Eric will launch his winery, Ladd Cellars, later this year with the release of two 2005 Pinot Noirs. I was fortunate to be able to help him as his made these first wines in Berkeley last year and it was a great experience.
I was able to squeeze in some time last weekend to help Eric press the 2006 Ladd Cellars Gaps Crown Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir. While we were there, he tasted us on the 2005 Gaps Crown Pinot that should be bottled later this year and it was great. It will be worth seeking out early next year.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home